Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Dance All Night (Tour)

For Hanukkah, my mother graciously bought me tickets to see the Dancing with the Stars live tour. Even though ballroom dancing isn’t my forte, I was ecstatic because I’ve watched Dancing with the Stars for as long as I remember. There was a short while when I stopped watching, but thanks to my friend, Claire, I got back on track, making her my DWTS buddy. So when I read that I could bring a friend with me, she was my goto gal.
Picture courtesy of dwtstour.com
The Dancing with the Stars tour actually started in Salt Lake, so that was cool. Many of the pros are from Utah, which was even cooler. After dance, my mom picked up Claire and I, and drove us down to SLC. We ate dinner then went to the arena. OH MY GOD! It was AMAZING! They were all so talented! Not to mention that Val and Artem are much hotter in person. Sadly, Sharna wasn’t there because she had a tragedy in her family.

Even though she was’t there, the show was still so much fun! At one point, Emma and Keo went into the audience and picked two girls and a guy to dance with the pros. The two girls were speechless, probably because they got to dance with Val and Artem, while the guy was just hilarious. Jim, the guy, and Peta danced to “Hips Don’t Lie”. It was supposed to be a samba, but it just turned into him running around the stage shaking his butt.

After the intermission, the best thing happened. The star that went on tour with them, Alek Skarlatos, danced with Emma Slater. To clarify for all of the non-DWTS die-hard fans, Emma and Alek first danced together during the “Switch-up Week”. Alek’s original parter was Lindsay, but it was really clear that he liked Emma. He even ended up admitting that he did, and he chose her to dance with him and Lindsay during the trio week. Lindsay called Alek out, saying she had an early Christmas present for him. Emma appeared onstage, and she and Alek danced the rumba, the dance that they did for the switch-up week.

I was so sad when the show ended, but I was definitely not disappointed. Claire and I were still buzzing from excitement during the drive home. I got home at eleven and was exhausted. When I woke up the next day, I felt dead. My voice was almost gone from screaming and my ears were still ringing from the music. But when I saw Claire at school, a wave of energy hit me, as we reminisced about the night we’d never forget.

That’s my story! I still can’t believe that I got to see some of my idols dance in person. My challenge this week is a challenge for me, too, because we are going back to school on Monday. We only have two weeks left in the first semester, that means that the year is almost half way done! My quote of the week is, “We are all here on earth to help others; what on earth the others are here for I don't know.” - W. H. Auden.


~Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment