Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Grey’s Anatomy Post

For all of my best friends who know me too well, this post was going to happen at some point. I have and obsession, more like an addiction. Everyone knows that the first step to curing an addiction is to admit that you have a problem. So here we go… I, Rachael Guthery, have a major, life-threatening addiction to Grey’s Anatomy. I can’t help my self! This show is too good. I have a few people to
Christina Yang creds to popkey.com
blame for my addiction (Lucie, Claire B, Claire O, and Josie… you know what you’ve done), mainly Netflix. I have access to eleven seasons of pure joy, right at my finger tips. Satan, himself, created this website and made it into an app that ruins my life. I’m so wrapped up in this show that I call the characters “my friends”, but I’m not crazy, I promise.

Let’s start from the beginning. Just to let everyone know, there will be MAJOR SPOILERS!!!!! Don’t say I didn’t warn you. In the first episode, I wasn’t really hooked. Season one is only nine episodes long, but they are so packed with action and drama that, to quote Jane Austen, “I was in the middle before I knew I had begun.” It’s was crazy! Before I knew what was going on, it was the season two finale, someone died, and another person quit. The seasons have flown by with so many crazy events. The deaths of many main characters, crumbling relationships, a shooting, a hurricane-ish storm, a sink hole, a plane crash, a train crash, several ambulance crashes (so many crashing vehicles), a loose lion, a bomb, and lots and lots of surgeries. I am so used to seeing blood and organs, that I could probably do a simple surgery now.

I started watching Grey’s Anatomy several months ago, and I’m only on season ten. So many characters have come and gone, even some of my favorites. The hard part of watching this show is that when your favorite character dies (they will most likely die at some point). It’s the weirdest feeling; some of the characters that die have been on the show for a while and you are so submersed in the show that you feel sad for the loss.

Now, because there are a lot of deaths in this show, that also means that there are a ton of new characters. Like one of my best friends, Claire, said in her blog post about this, “Even though you’ll hate them at first, they will soon find a way into your heart.” This is so true. I can’t even count the number of times that I have despised a character, but after a short season they are my favorite (April Kepner, Mark Sloan :( , Owen Hunt, Arizona Robbins, to name a few)

All in all, this is an amazing show that has withstood the test of time. It is definitely my favorite show and there probably will never be a show like it. I highly recommend that if you don’t watch it now, there are eleven seasons on Netflix that you can binge. I can honestly say that watching somewhat realistic surgeries from the comfort of my home has really fueled my desire to go into a medical field whether I become a nurse, pediatric doctor, military medic, or even a surgeon. I really hope you enjoyed this post. “I guess we can’t really complain about karma. It’s not unfair. It’s not unexpected. It just evens the score.” -George O’Malley, Grey’s Anatomy. 

Until next time…


~Rachael




No comments:

Post a Comment